Welcome to OTANI GRILL!
OTANI GRILL – Open time
Monday – Thursday
Friday – Saturday
4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
4:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Top 5 Best Charcoal Grills in 2020: Reviews and Buying Guide
The content of this article is about taking a deep look into the 5 best charcoal grills of 2020. You will read about charcoal grill reviews about their features, price, pros, and cons. There are many people who have a hard time choosing because there are literally thousands of products. However, they are looking for the top choices since it is not worth it to spend on something that has a bad quality.
Thankfully, you will easily find a product you want to buy here because there are only 5 to choose from. You no longer must look at hundreds of pellet grill reviews for hours.
If you are looking for a premium model, portable, or budget charcoal grill, you will find something here. A lot of grill enthusiasts go for these products because they only want the best when they grill. Aside from that, it is not just about putting coal and grilling your food. The grills efficiency has a lot to do with how the food will turn out. That is why you need to check these out.
Here are the top 5 best charcoal grills in 2020 that you can buy:
Best Overall Charcoal Grill – Weber Original Kettle Premium Grill
If you have not experienced owning a Weber Original Kettle, you must know how it feels like. This is an all-American icon that boasts a simple design, consistency, and reliability. That is why it really scores big with its users who prefer high-end products. It grills delicious burgers and a lot more.
Thankfully, this grill has great temperature control and you can even use it to smoke. Its spherical shape allows a good heat convection, which is why they have not changed the design in years.
The Weber’s Original sleek black design is very timeless, and it has premium upgrades that adds great features. They are very helpful in making it easy and enjoyable to use when you cook on it.
As soon as you open the box, you will think that it is has a very basic design, but it has survived the times because it does an incredibly good job.
- It has a porcelain enameled bowl made of steel and gives you 363 sq. inches of area to cook on
- The 22” diameter plated-steel cooking grate is hinged on top of the charcoal so you do not have to remove it
- There is a heavy-gauge fuel grate steel charcoal
- The Porcelain-enameled lid has a glass with reinforced nylon handles. It also acts as a heat shield
- The ash catcher is removable, high capacity, and made of aluminum
- There is an aluminized steel and one-touch cleaning system
- The 2 all-weather wheels are very durable
- There is an angled lid hook that is inside the grill lid. The purpose of this is for hanging the lid so you do not have to put it on the ground
- There is a 10-year limited warranty
- Very versatile – You can do a lot of things on this grill like cooking with high direct heat, and low indirect smoking and heating.
- The hinged cooking grate lets you access the coals without the need to replace the whole entire grate
- Cleaning is easy – After the grill has cooled, you must use the one-touch cleaning lever so the ash falls into the catcher
- Great airflow and temperature control
- The 3-legged design can make it a bit unsteady if you must move the grill on a surface that is uneven like if it’s a bumpy grass or stone floor
- The thermometer is placed opposite of the lid near the vents, so it does not measure over the meat
Best Personal Favorite – Kamado Joe Classic III
This one has a beautiful cherry-red body with sleek black wings, the KJ Classic III looks like a fighter plane. However, the purpose of this is a lot more appealing with a design that is ground-breaking and innovative. The shell is thick and made of ceramic, which makes this product a master in grilling and smoking.
Kamado combined their craftsmanship and innovation, taking this grill to the next level.
The features include the Airlift Hinge, flexible cooking system, that gives you an unparalleled cooking versatility with various grate configurations. The Kontrol Tower Top Vent is for maximized control and precision when temperature is controlled.
The ‘slo-roller’ is designed to master how heat and smoke circulates evenly in the entire cooking chamber. It eliminates hot spots that makes sure food are all exposed to heat and smoke, that cooks more evenly while it absorbs lush smoky flavors.
- It has a premium 18” ceramic grill with a heavy-duty 2x locking wheels made with galvanized steel
- The ceramic shell is thick-walled and heat resistant
- Flexible cooking system with 3 levels
- 304 stainless steel charcoal basket that makes it easy for you to shake out the ashes and reusing unused fuel is simple
- 2×304 cooking grates made of stainless steel
- Air lift hinge making the lid almost weightless when you open and close it
- Kontrol tower top vent for easy temperature control
- AMP firebox
- ‘Slo-roller’ hyperbolic insert that was designed in Harvard for even cooking
- 2x half-moon deflector plates
- Slide-out ash drawer that is patented
- Thermometer is built-in
- Side shelves are foldable and powder coated
- Top and bottom wire mesh fiberglass gaskets
- The latch is stainless steel
- Ash tool
- Grill gripper
- You can smoke, grill, roast, and bake int his charcoal grill
- It comes with a lot of extras and upgrades
- Its Divide and Conquer multi-level grate system is a feature makes it easy to grill. Its flexibility and versatility help in controlling the heat levels that foods receive
- Air lift hinge lets you use only one finger because it is that light weight
- Fiberglass gasket wire mesh and stainless-steel latch traps all the goodness inside
- The Slo-roller gets rid of hot spots and gives a more consistent smoke flavor on your food
- It is very heavy at 288 lbs. and difficult to move around
- This can be quite expensive compared to other grills this size
Best High-end – Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill
Charcoal grills are known to be difficult to light, control and maintain, but that is not true for this one. There are a lot of built-in convenience features on this product that will surprise you because its unbelievable.
From the box, you will easily see that it is not a basic grill, but it is packed with the features of a modern charcoal. The body comes with many extras that does the work for you, from a storage bin for charcoal to an LCD timer and to a coal ignition button.
- Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with 22 inches in diameter
- Cooking grates that are hinged
- Charcoal grate heavy-gauge steel
- Side table with storage for utensil and removable LCD timer
- Removable pan to catch ash
- A Wire bottom shelf for additional storage
- Limited warranty is 10 years
- There is a handy painted plastic side table that makes it very convenient for quick foil wrapping, lifting burgers, storage, and other important details
- Cleaning up is easy because of the one-touch cleaning system, and there is a large ash pan that catches all the debris so that minimal mess can easily be disposed
- The adjustable dampers, built-in thermometer, an LCD timer that is easy to read, and charcoal storage that makes it easy to grill
- The Touch-N-Go ignition
- There is no hook on the lid
- No markings on the bottom vent slider that helps you to know about how open it is
- The product is not very portable
Best for Portability – Weber Go Anywhere
If you want to go camping, the beach, or anywhere for your vacation, you can take this with you. It is great for a crowd, small, and light.
This one is the top choice for a portable charcoal grill because it has a lot of features, and each bit is as great as the big ones. This product also has adjustable dampers, porcelain-enameled coating, and cooking area that is 160 sq. inches.
You get all that in this 14-pound portable grill and you can take it anywhere with you. Carrying it with one hand is easy.
- Cooking grate is plated steel
- Heavy-gauge steel charcoal gate
- Porcelain-enameled lid and base
- Plated-steel legs that pivots and locks
- Nylon handles that are glass-reinforced
- The aluminum dampers are resistant to rust
- Warranty is 10 years
- Efficient model with pivoting legs that is also the lid lock, keeping it safely secure without rattling when you carry it
- The handles stay cool while you cook
- The two dampers let you control the cook time and heat
- There are super useful built-in hangers if it is windy because the lid can rest on the side so you have a wind barrier
- Does no rust and fade because of the porcelain-enameled coating
- Since it is small, the charcoal is also not very expensive
- Sweet assembly
- Can be quite unstable on the thin legs, so make sure you keep it away from children or people who are playing
- There is no ash pan for easy disposal after cooking
- Since it has a smaller size, it does not use a lot of coal which means it takes time to heat up the coal
A Good Contender – The Original Pk Grill & Smoker
This is a big heavy-duty grill that weighs 45 lbs. is not for the weak. It also has a very cool retro design to make it pleasing to the eyes.
Simple but sturdy and the cast aluminum construction gives the best airflow, temperature control, and heat retention for a full-size grill.
The hinges are also made of cast aluminum so that nothing gets rusty or breaks. The aluminum is popular for being rust-proof. That means this one will not suffer as much under the weather elements. In fact, this product can last a lifetime.
There are four vents on this grill that lets you easily switch from high heat searing to a barbeque that is low and slow. You can lift the body from the cart to make it portable.
- Unique capsule shape with four vents
- Construction is cast aluminum making it rust-proof, lightweight, durable, and it can conduct heat better than a steel charcoal grill
- Warranty of 10 years
- The cooking surface is 300 sq. inches which means this grill can cook anything
- All-around grill that can be used for chicken, hotdogs, hamburgers, chops, and more
- It can withstand any harsh elements in the weather and it will never get rusty
- The airflow and temperature cook your food in an even temperature
- The assembly is very fast and easy, with enough cooking surface to feed a family
- If you need replacement grates, they are available
- A well-made and sturdy grill with excellent quality
- It can last a lifetime
- It can be quite an expensive grill, but it is worth it
These are the top 5 charcoal grills you can buy today. You will definitely have a great time grilling if you own any of them. There is no denying that grilling food has become a big part of outdoor parties and vacations, which is why you give a lot of thought before buying one. At least now, you only have to pick from these.
If you prefer a gas grill than a charcoal grill, we also reviewed the best gas grill for 2020 here.